Choosing The Best Wig Length What's right for you?A lace frontal wig tends to be lighter and more comfortable than many other wig caps. Especially when it is hot during the summer months, or when wearing a wig for an extended period of time. If your scalp becomes warm and sweaty and uncomfortable, the advantage of a front lace wig becomes even more prominent. When you have purchased your DB Hair collection frontal wig, how do you install it?
Prepare your hair for a Wig Unit Install
- The tools required
DB Hair lace front wig, wig cap (optional), adjustable elastic band, scalp protection fluid, scissors, wig glue, hair clamps, low power hair dryer, ethyl alcohol, cotton swab, mirror, comb, little brush.
- Keep your hair flat and smooth
- The flatter your hair is against your head, the better the wig will look.
- If you have no hair or a small amount you may need to use a wig liner to keep your wig secure on your head.
- Braid short hair and long hair into cornrows (the longer your hair is, the more cornrows will be required for a flatter install
Avoid large lumps and try not to add thickness to the side or front of the head. No matter what type of hair you have, the goal is always to have excess hair laid flat on the back of your head. Because this is where the wig is stretchy and can absorb extra volume.
Put on your lace front wig
- Put on a wig cap or stocking cap
A wig cap serves two purposes. On the one hand, it protects the hair and scalp. On the other hand, it can also help to further flatten your natural hair for a more flawless finish.
Adjust the cap so that it barely covers your hairline. Make sure all of your hairs are tucked into this cap, even the hairs on the nape of your neck. Wig installers recommend choosing a wig cap that matches your skin tone, or adding makeup or lace tones to make the wig look like your scalp underneath.
- Clean your skin
After putting on the wig cap, make sure the area where the wig is attached is clean and makeup or product free.
Clean your skin
You can wash your hairline (skin) with a mild cleanser and dry with a towel. Use an alcohol-coated cotton ball to rub along the hairline. This removes any oil and residue from your makeup or skin care products that might prevent the adhesive from sticking properly.
- Put on the wig
First make sure the wig is the right size. Place the wig on your head and line it up with your natural hairline. All DB Hair wigs have tightening straps inside that you can adjust to fit your head perfect;y for a more secure fit.
Wig Tightening Straps
If it is too loose around your head, you will need to tighten the elastic band. If it is too snug on the scalp, just loosen up the elastic band a bit.
- Adding the glue
Apply glue to the hairline along the edge of the wig cap. Avoid applying glue to your hair. Blow dry the glue on a cool setting until it turns from white to clear.
Adding the glue
Pull the lace forward to the top of the glue, making sure it is in the desired position or slightly in front of the glue before pressing the lace into the glue. Use a cotton pad, dampened with rubbing alcohol to remove any excess glue.
Slide the comb into the hair of the wig and press the adhesive and unit together with the back of the comb. Make sure your wig is properly attached to your head. Blow dry the lace into the glue on a warm setting.
Tie down the lace front using an elastic band for approximately 5 mins for that seamless, melted look.
- Cutting the lace
The wig needs to be trimmed when you first install it. Use scissors to trim the lace along your natural hairline,in a zig-zag/ jagged manner. Do not cut the lace straight across.
6.Cutting baby hair
Pull out some hair and cut it into small pieces to form baby hair. Use hair mousse to hold baby's hair in place. Then tie a scarf around the edge and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Style the wig
Buying a 100% virgin human hair wig from DB Hair collection, gives you the freedom and assurance that you can style your hair as you wish. Make sure you use a heat protectant spray when using any hot tools on your hair. All our DB Hair Straight and Bodywave units can be straightened and curled with ease
Di-mond Beauty Hair Collection Tips:
- Don't wear wigs for extended periods of time. For wigs, prolonged perspiration can shorten their lifespan. So you need to take care of your wig periodically. You also need to take regular care of your hair., as wearing wigs for long periods of time can cause drying, breakage and hair loss.
- Considering the long process of installing a frontal wig. If you want to sleep with your wig still on, wrap it with an elastic melt band and a bonnet. This eliminates friction between the wig and the pillow, and reduces friction between the wig and your own hair.
- If you exercise a lot or live in a humid environment, make a point to tie down your wig when working out or in the sun for prolonged periods of time. This will help to preserve your install.
Shop the Di-Mond Beauty Hair Collection to see the 100% virgin human hair options available for styling the way you want.